Thursday, March 7, 2024

OOTD: Day 2 Lunar New Year 2024

Okay, so this took awhile, but here we are finally moving onto the second day of Lunar New Year!

Which happens to be the last day I had the will to dress up and put on makeup after 3 consecutive looks this festive season, hahaha.

I forgot to document the outfit I wore on Lunar New Year eve, which was a bummer because I really love that outfit!

I'll rewear it some time in the future and hopefully will remember to take photographs then.

I headed out with the husband for dinner at our favourite burger joint (again!), then a quick late-night shopping trip at Daiso to buy replacement laundry nets, haha.

We're happily-boring people okay, don't judge!

Top: Jean Paul Gaultier
Pants: GU
Boots: Christian Dior
Bag: Christian Dior
Earrings: Prada

Here's a quick look at my back!

In hindsight, I should've stood up straighter; my posture is horrible nowadays.

Which reminds me, my father used to roll up his newspaper to whack my upper back to help me straighten myself up, hehe.

You can see the contrast-heel on my boots quite clearly here; it's actually brown with an orange tint.

I never had the opportunity to acquire Raf Simons' work, so this was the first!

I was drawn to the ornate jacquard fabric, military buttons, and lace-up details, and I reckon the navy shade will go very well with a lot of outfits.

I prefer lower block heels for comfort now that I'm older, but I actually never stopped collecting stilettos.

[nervous laughter]

Here's a look at my vintage bag in all its glory!

It happens to be one of my favourite designs conceived during John Galliano's tenure; I especially love the rattan-wrapped handles and "D" charm.

The bag's woven leather design is also incredibly clever, as it incorporated the house's Micro Cannage motif.

FUN FACT: There is a HUGE slit in front of my top, but due to the way it's draped, I didn't accidentally flash everyone I see, hahaha.

If you noticed, I also wore my hair up with an oversized hair claw here as I did the first day, because we were experiencing a horrible heatwave and I hated perspiring all over the back of my neck thanks to my thick hair.

I did use velcro rollers for more volume and texture for my tendrils, and that is as much effort I'd put in for any special occasions in this weather, HAH!

A bonus selfie, because I put in too much effort to not document it, haha.

You can see my favourite earrings clearer here; I love them so much, I have four pairs in other colour- and material combinations.

Anyway, I really wish I had more energy to dress up on more days, but the heat was too intense that I had to completely abandon the notion.

Climate change is real y'all, because I don't recall being this flustered by the weather almost 2 decades ago, and I had 2 thick layers of school uniform on!

Guess I will be saving the remaining outfit ideas (yes, I do plan my outfits) for later, and hopefully I'd remember to bug the husband to help me photograph them.

So that's it for Lunar New Year 2024!

Just for fun, can you spot a pair of ladybirds among the embroidered florals on my neckline?

No comments: