Sunday, October 29, 2023

OOTD: Contrast Prints

I had to run some errands with my husband over at mainland recently and we were dying to try one of our favourite restaurant’s newly-opened branch, so I dressed up a little for the occasion.

I was pleasantly-surprised at how spacious the new restaurant is, and we're very happy that it is fully air-conditioned!

After scarfing down our lunch, we decided to check out the other floors and were greeted by a quiet area that is perfect for a photo-op.

Of course, I had to seize this opportunity:

Dress: Victoria's Secret
Shirtdress (worn as a jacket): GF Ferré
Shoes: Birkenstock
Bag: Salvatore Ferragamo
Earrings: Christian Dior

Let's talk about the shirtdress I have on, that I purchased during a thrift-shopping spree with my parents awhile ago.

I was initially-drawn to the bright floral print, and when I pulled it out of the rack and saw the contrasting sleeves, I was even more intrigued.

I also love the band collar; something different than the usual pointed collars seen on most shirtdresses.

It's sleeves are puffy and the material is semi-sheer, somewhat linen-like; basically perfect for the tropical weather.

It also had its price marked-down further; could you believe my luck?!

If you followed my Instagram account, you'd notice I've posted a close-up of this bag not too long ago.

I have been obsessed with this vintage Gancini top handle bag since I laid my eyes on my mom's off white leather version, and research brought my attention to the wicker style.

I love the natural tan one first, but its secondhand prices have become astronomical over the years due to the demand, and I couldn't justify paying that much for any bag, really.

And since I'm a klutz and will definitely scuff smooth leather, I thought settling for a white wicker one would make perfect sense because it is hardier and probably will withstand my mistreatment, hahaha.

When I found this bag, it has surface scratches with some cracks here and there, but it still functions beautifully and was a bargain compared to those I've seen for sale over the years.

Also, I think the off-white shade works very well with the rest of my wardrobe!

I got the black slip dress awhile back for a steal too; always thought satin slip dresses are a must in any women's wardrobe because they look beautiful and is incredibly versatile.

I think it makes perfect sense for good slip dresses to come from lingerie companies; their offerings almost always fit the body well.

I really wish I could wear heels with most of my documented outfits, but having to run around almost the entire day made that impossible!

The black Birkenstock sandals are the first pair that's made of Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA) and I actually got them specifically to run errands during rainy season.

It feels really gross when the usual cork type gets wet, and I needed something that will dry off quickly.

It is really soft and comfortable, although it does make a weird flapping sound when wet, hahaha.

I absolutely love Dior's Tribales earrings; they're the epitome of modern jewelry with a classic twist.

I had to get the clip-back versions which came with a thin gold metal loop that goes underneath the lobes, which makes it look even cooler, in my opinion!

They're probably the earrings I wear most often nowadays, because it instantly adds character to whatever outfit I have on while remaining comfortable throughout the day.

If you've worn clip-back earrings, you'd understand that some will cut off circulation (HAHA), and for someone with thicker earlobes, I'm happy to report that this pair isn't one of those kind!

No comments: