Monday, October 23, 2023

Inspired by: Christian Dior 1997

My style mood board have changed over the years, but I find myself drawing inspiration from John Galliano's tenure at Christian Dior time and time again.

The Spring/Summer 1997 Haute Couture show lives rent free in my head, mainly because of the vibrant oriental influences.

While the absinthe dress worn by Nicole Kidman to the Oscars that same year is the highlight of that collection...

...I find this fuchsia number from the runway is just as stunning:

Recently, I was lucky enough to come across a Galliano dress that takes inspiration from this particular look; it's a more wearable version, but no less fun!

I am in love with the tassels that replicate flapper dresses from its heydays, and strategic draped details that make the dress even more special.

Here's how I'd wear the look today:

Dress: Galliano
Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane
Bag: Glomesh
Shoes: Gianni Versace

I'd absolutely have to wear waterfall earrings here to match the tassels on the dress; more is more here, for sure!

I love how the bright yellow satin heels look together with the bright pink Dior dress, so I'd chosen one in mustard yellow to pair with a very fun metallic gold mesh bag to keep up with the flapper theme.

I think this would be a really fun look for a wedding guest, especially when a lot of dancing will be involved; imagine the movement!

No comments: