Friday, March 17, 2023

OOTD: Rainbow Plaid

When I was in university, I had an obsession with maxi dresses and skirts.

I remembered that time my bestie and I put on a maxi dress each, and went to the nearby mall to have fun and feel good about ourselves.

Nowadays, I'm into midi hems more because they often look close to maxi length on me, minus the risk of tripping!

Cardigan: (no label)
Skirt: Chloé
Bag: Chloé
Flats: Birkenstock

This mini dusty blue Paddington bag is my favourite; I think the shade is called "Jeans Moyen".

I often think that the regular-sized Paddington is a great every day bag, but the padlock alone is pretty heavy.

Since I'm petite, the mini works just fine, being able to house all my junk with plenty of room left.

The skirt screams “granny chic” to me, so what better way to play up that trend by pairing it together with a cardigan?

To keep things appropriate for the heat, I opted for a short-sleeved one in a neutral shade.

I like the little details like fabric-covered buttons and a lightly-ribbed hem.

Now let's talk about that skirt; I have a special place in my heart for any piece that screams "rainbow"!

It is such a cool piece due to the handkerchief fringed hem and different-coloured threads interwoven to create dimension.

 I love the pop of intense red at the bottom that shows itself more when I walk.

Just realised I forgot my jewelry this time!

I'd likely go for a simple pair of pearl earrings here, something fuss-free yet elegant.

I've been obsessed with a Dior Tribales pair, and I think they'd look good here.

However, if I want to look fancier, I'd probably go for a pearl necklace, something modern to keep this outfit looking fresh.

This photo just reminded me to search for my favourite lipstick; it has gone missing and I haven't found it yet.

[cries in a dark corner]

I love all my metallic Birkenstock flats; this was the very first pair I got, followed by the silver pair (as seen in my last post), and a gold pair that isn't in this shape.

Pretty sure you'd see it making an appearance here soon enough!

And here is the outfit in motion:

No comments: