Sunday, March 26, 2023

Inspired by: Lolita Lempicka 1998/1999

The weather hasn’t improved much until today, so I'm stuck at home browsing through vintage runway images for styling ideas and playing dress-up with the fan at full-speed blasting at me.

I have been coming across Lolita Lempicka's work a lot during research, and I have to say that I'm quite upset that her label is no longer active.

Her designs are right up my alley; seductive yet feminine.

Anyway, I'd like to bring your attention to these looks that caught my fancy:

Fall/Winter 1998


Spring/Summer 1999

I love how she uses the same elements in both outfits, and it's a look that I can easily replicate with my own pieces.

All I need is a black piece with contrasting trims and bright red rosettes!

So here's my take:

Cardigan: Christian Lacroix
Bustier: Victoria’s Secret
Skirt: Christian Lacroix
Flats: Valentino
Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane

I went with a pair of earrings instead because I think the neckline already looks busy, and a complicated necklace won't be doing the outfit any favours.

Also, I decided on a more conservative look because I think a bustier with sheer panels is risqué enough.

Overall, I think this would make a very cute Valentine's Day or date night outfit; I'd definitely need to be in a mall where there is air-conditioning 24/7 to wear this, so here's to dreaming about it for now!

No comments: