Friday, July 7, 2017

(Throwback) Modern Baroque

So I'm wayyy behind my outfit posts because I'm still not reunited with the rest of my wardrobe!
For those who just started reading, I shuttle between 2 different states often thanks to family and work, so my main wardrobe is in Petaling Jaya, Selangor where my family resides.
I'm currently in Georgetown, Penang, where fashion takes an extremely lax turn and there is no need for dressing up unless it involves sandals and cargo shorts for the sake of comfort and convenience!

So anyway, excuses aside, I made a promise to my friends that I will try my best to bring back some pretty clothes and accessories from home so I can put in more effort when we hang out.
Of course they didn't pressure me, but I find it really fun and refreshing when I do this with people who share the same interests and understand the pains of shopping!
It also acts as a reminder for me to not slack in the style department too long!

So anyway, I'm just re-sharing one of my favourite looks from a couple of years ago:


Top: From Bangkok
Jeans: H&M
Flats: Miu Miu
Bag: Marc Jacobs
Vintage necklace: Nettie Rosenstein

Since I was sticking to the ornate theme, I made sure my jewelry and accessories were gilded too!


So here's the necklace I wore, because it goes so well with the top:


So that's my take on modern baroque dressing!
Now, to continue counting down the days until I see the rest of my wardrobe at home...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, @Got Vintage Shops! Thinking about doing a more elaborate one soon, when I get to my full wardrobe!!!

      Delete