Follow @theopulenthippo on Instagram

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

How I Wear: Christian Dior Necklace and Schreiner NY Earrings.

So I saved a very special set for a very special day; my marriage registration!


The earrings and necklace may look like they match, but they do not share the same maker's mark!
The earrings are unsigned Schreiner, while the necklace is signed "Christian Dior 1959".

An interesting story to the necklace; I've always seen many unsigned versions that were obviously by Schreiner, although some sellers claimed it was unsigned Christian Dior.
Although Henry Schreiner did design jewelry for the couture house, I normally wouldn't be comfortable with the attribution unless there is proof.
However, imagine my surprise when I bought this from an avid Christian Dior jewelry collector, and she told me to never ever remove the tag since it was so rare!
I kept it for almost two years, because I promised myself I'd wear it when I get married!

I found the matching earrings much later, but the filigree caps and pearls were identical to the ones on the necklace, so I'm pretty sure Henry Schreiner had something to do with the necklace, too.
I was worried the set would be overwhelming due to the massive lattice structure, but it looked just right on my dark burgundy floral dress.
I also wore a pair of metallic foil snakeskin pumps (bought by my-then-boyfriend-but-now-husband, so they have sentimental value!) and a floral fascinator, because I want to be an over-the-top bride, haha!

Dress: H&M
Pumps: Aldo
Fascinator: H&M

A look to remember for the rest of my life, definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment